Friday, October 12, 2012

Paleo Pup and Peanut Butter Surprise!!!

Tuesday my work closed early for the Fourth of July holiday. So I was home at 12:30 for Ace. We spent the whole afternoon together and he loved it. When Mike got home from work we decided to weight Ace. Do you know that my little baby isn’t so little anymore. He is in that lanky awkward stage for growing, and so he is much taller, but he weighs 30 lbs that’s a lot for my pup…He sure doesn’t look like he weighs 30lbs. Anyways so we were planning on going to see some fireworks and so I knew Ace was going to be in his crate for a while. I took his marrow bone and filled it with Peanut Butter on either end. Not a ton but just a little bit. I thought Ace didn’t care for peanut butter but he just didn’t like it when he was a baby, no he LOVES IT. So I took his bone filled with the good stuff and stuck it in our freezer. I did that for a few reasons. The freezer will harden the peanut butter so it wont be as sticky and messy as it normally would be, it will be a great treat since its cold. And the frozen aspect will make it last longer so he will be occupied for longer in his crate.
Needless to say we put the bone filled with goodness in the crate and he went in and could careless. I worried he wouldn’t last that long in his crate but he was champ. He cleaned the marrow bone of all the Peanut Butter and his crate was clean as could be. He’s such a good boy!!! Now when ever we have to leave him for a few hours, and I feel guilty that he is in his crate when he should be with us, I give him his marrow bone delight. Technically as a Paleo Pup Peanut Butter is not really good for them, but I have given him Peanut Butter and its done ok with him and his digestion. He still goes potty regularly and doesn’t seem to bother his lil Vermont Teddy Bear belly so its ok.
Just like humans, I check to see how certain foods react. Since starting Paleo I have noticed that I feel much better when I eat strict and avoid dairy and grains. I see how foods affect me and either eliminate them or limit them. So I do the same with Ace, if you want a healthy puppy, just see how there poop is and how certain foods make them feel. If you have any questions on how to make your pooch a paleo pup, feel free to ask me!
XO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment